Friday, February 15, 2013

Two Weeks without Wine, SCREAM!

I am not really sure I will able to follow through with this goal. But, today is day one of my wine less resolve. See, I have a friend who is gorgeous, kind AND tiny. I should hate her. But, she is prone to non-lady-like outbursts like me so, instead, I simply adore her. She is on a fast. A no alcohol fast. Since I only drink wine (and lots of it) I am going to emulate her and try. I plan to take my resolve further and juice. All Day.

I don't have a juicer and have no plans to buy one unless this new attraction becomes a new obsession. They say those things are a bitch to clean. I don't have time to be cleaning out pulp unless I enjoy it. I loaded up yesterday with Naked juice. Googling this tactic produced a lot of negative don't do it advice. Poor Naked Juice Company. I hope to be able to give them a positive review at the end of my almost 10 days. I will pop in and out to  give updates on my favorites and how it's proceeding.

I have a spa getaway planned with two girlfriends. We have an event to plan which is our primary reason for getting together. Charity is a wonderful thing and we hope a lot of people will buy jewels so we can raise a lot of money. So, why not do our planning in a spa? I will be drinking then, so that gives me 10 days to do my juice-no alcohol thing.

I also have a husband who requires food, so that means I will eat at least one meal a day. Not to mention, popcorn on our movie date. So, don't cuss me that I am not doing a complete fast. Hey, it's my first juice experience and I am making it conform to my life.

The plan is simple. Juice, protein shakes or Coffee all day. I cannot live without my coffee so it stays. I might add ice to my juices for a fake milkshake or sorbet. Then at night, only fish, chicken and healthy veggies, which for me means asparagus, brussel sprouts, mushrooms and spinach. Broccoli if that is all I can find in a restaurant. No bread, starch or alcohol. Limited Splenda. I may or may not do a brothy soup if I am desperate.

I have a misguided purpose to this. I need to lose 10 pounds and I need to detox. I also really need to get back on track or my 60 pound weight loss will find me again. Not happening. I like my new clothes AND my new friends. I will try to blog about what happened to both the old friends and the weight. It was a good thing, but I digress.

Can't wait to see if this works or not. I am not even sure if any of my old followers are still out there but that might be another new thing in my life. New Followers.

Wish me luck.

Southern always but embracing a little tree hugging for the next 10 days.
Preppy Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment