Friday, March 27, 2009

The First of Many Monogram Posts

What can I say? I feel so bold as to state that monograms must have been invented by a Southern girl. At any rate, true southern women and the men who love them fully understand that anything that can be monogrammed must be monogrammed. Triple full monograms are best, but if you must cheat and use one initial (permitted when space is an issue) at least make the effort. I personally follow a few rules for monogramming myself. They are: in no particular order:

1. Middle initial should be the Last Name and larger than the side initials.
2. For personal items, that person's own initials should be used.
3. For household items, the head of the household should be used. For instance, if Muffy Anne Edwards is married to Jeffrey Allen Edwards then the monogram would be JEA for all household places such as the guest bathroom. I know, but get over it.

4. Monograms on towels have a definite measurement for placement they should follow. You can read all about it here. My pet peeve was realized when I took towels to a small town monogram shop and they did the initials between the border and not above it ...ugh....if you are going to monogram it, at least do it right.
5. Script for girls and Block for boys...nuff said.
6. Repeating: Single initials are not Southern, but are at times necessary.
Like I said, this is the first of many posts on monograms, but I am going to put a few of my favorite links here......I would be remiss if I didn't state that I completely miss my monogrammed Pappagallo Espedrilles....and while I was thrilled to see the Pappagallo shop in Atlanta remains open, they don't carry them anymore. Boy, are they missing out on sales!

If you have time, check these out!

Shag on,
Preppy Girl

This company will be one I will be mentioning again soon, but I love these plates!


















Of course, every southern girl has her own set - and should have several sets - of monogram stationery and matching labels!








I love this site - it is always full of new stuff!















Lastly, This is as close I can get to my espedrilles - but they are cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment